Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Action On

BAM!  Lot's of good stuff going on in the World of John.

First off, I was accepted into this year's SCL Mentorship Program.  What does that mean?  It means that over the course of the next three months, I'll be meeting with various industry veterans and learning how to go about making a living as a composer.  Our first two meetings were inspiring and informative, and I'm extremely excited to really find my way as a composer in this crazy town.  I've been to a few SCL events now, and can't believe it has taken me this long to really reach out and start to network properly.  But better late than never.

The "Action On International Film Festival" was a few weeks ago, and the short action film "The Has-Been" I wrote music for screened.  It was exciting to see the film on the big screen, and to hear my score in a theater.  The project was a great learning experience, and I really enjoyed creating something to help tell the director's story.  Excited to find and start a new project...hopefully sooner than later (here's the film, for those who are wondering).


Haven't really written anything new lately.  I found myself rather preoccupied with learning a bunch of music for a wedding.  But now that that is over and done with, you can expect to be hearing some new stuff coming from me soon!

Be well readers.  Stay inspired, stay positive, and keep on keepin' on...


No comments:

Post a Comment