Blog Archive

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Where Have I Been???

It really has been awhile since I've been here.  I apologize.  Sometimes life has a funny way of, well, being life.  You might be wondering, "Where's the new music?  Are you still writing?  What's the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything?"  The answers are, "On the way. Yes. 42".  I found myself a little preoccupied the past month or two.  Jumping around California every other weekend visiting family, and just taking some needed time away from work and life in Los Angeles.  I also landed a nice little composing gig for a short film, "The Has-Been".  Fun little Kung Fu flick.  I'm pretty excited to share it once I get a final cut of the film.  And today, I submitted my resume with some music samples to the Society of Composer and Lyricists (SCL) for their mentorship program.  It would be an amazing opportunity to work alongside some accomplished composers and hopefully lead to becoming a full time composer.

So those are the goings on of John Theodore at the moment.  Still writing my acoustic solo stuff, thinking a lot about TKM lately (so maybe some of that in the near future), a lot of rock climbing, and keeping my eye on the prize of getting out of the life of having a day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment