Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

2018 Update

Hey there!

Long time no talk!  Been keeping busy here, grinding it out.  Just wanted to update everyone on what's been going on in the life of John.

"Bad Hombres, Best Men", the horror/comedy short film I scored last year, was accepted into the Beverly Hills Film Festival and premiered at the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood on April 5.  Was quite the experience!  The movie turned out beautiful, and it was great catching up with the cast and crew of the film.  This was my first IMDB credit, and I'll remember the experience of working on this film for the rest of my life.

"Alone", another wonderful short I scored late last year, is premiering at the Atlanta Independent Film Festival on April 21.  This was another amazing experience for me, and I got to hire Deryn Cullen again to play cello on the score (she played on the animated short "Abendrot" I worked on last year).  I'm pretty excited to hear the reactions to this film and to be able to show everyone!

Just finished working on another short film titled "Getting to Know You".  It has a killer cast, an amazingly talented director, and everything is being mixed together as we speak.  Got to do a nice little cover of the song, "Getting to Know You" (The King and I).  Excited to share this one with you! 

Other than that, just been busy climbing rocks, writing new tunes with The Kepler Mission, and writing some killer music for a few music libraries I work with.  I'll keep ya up-to-date with anything else new and exciting that comes along!

(p.s.  Might do a little website redesign coming up soon...stay tuned!)


No comments:

Post a Comment